ArcGIS 10.6 License (Student)

10-16-2019 11:07 AM
Arli_ArdiandyNurseramika
New Contributor

Hi, I am student and I have a problem when I try to open Arcmap. I have my authorize code from my professor and its working fine for some time but yesterday when I try to open ArcMap it give me a message like in the picture says that the license need a repair operation. I have tried to authorize it again from the ArcGIS administrator but it still give me the same message.

Does anyone know how to solve it? Should I ask for another authorize code?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Sounds like something on your machine changed and broke the trusted storage where licenses are stored.  Start the ArcGIS Administrator, it should display an option to Repair.  Run the Repair.  If this does not come up, you can run it using command line.  Open the command prompt and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin.  Then run SoftwareAuthorization.exe /s /repair all.   If this doesn't fix the issue, you will need to request a new authorization number from your professor. 

If you get a new license, open your Windows Explorer and go to C:\ProgramData.  Remove the FLEXnet folder.  It will create a new default folder and will allow you to authorize the new license.