Tin to Raster Tool keeps crashing model

Jump to solution
02-10-2014 09:56 AM
MeredithGreen
New Contributor III
I have a fairly large model that seems to keep crashing every time it hits the Tin to Raster tool near the end.  I have tried replacing the tool with a new one, thinking maybe it is corrupt and even then it still crashes everything.  I don't know what the error is because it crashes before I get a chance to see anything. Has anyone experienced this problem or no what could be causing it?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MeredithGreen
New Contributor III
I agree that the cell size is causing the Tin to Raster tool to crash everything.  To add to that if the projections change from feet to meters anywhere in the model it can screw up the cell size, resulting in the crash.  So, looking at how the projections are changing can help fix the cell size issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KeaganAllan
New Contributor III
I have a fairly large model that seems to keep crashing every time it hits the Tin to Raster tool near the end.  I have tried replacing the tool with a new one, thinking maybe it is corrupt and even then it still crashes everything.  I don't know what the error is because it crashes before I get a chance to see anything. Has anyone experienced this problem or no what could be causing it?

Hi,

I am not sure how you have set everything up, but maybe check the units your map / data is in.
If converting from TIN to Raster and you set the cells size of the Raster in m, but the data is Geographic (Degrees) the tool tends to bomb out because the cell size may be larger than that spatial extent of the data.

That's all I can think of (it happened to me not long ago)
0 Kudos
MeredithGreen
New Contributor III
I agree that the cell size is causing the Tin to Raster tool to crash everything.  To add to that if the projections change from feet to meters anywhere in the model it can screw up the cell size, resulting in the crash.  So, looking at how the projections are changing can help fix the cell size issue.
0 Kudos