The function ID is out of range and when doing an attribute join

03-18-2013 06:36 AM
TimLangner
Occasional Contributor III
Hi there

I am having a problem which may or may not be related to another thread in these forums [http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/64104-The-function-ID-is-out-of-range?p=268837#post268837].

I am trying to do an attribute join between two feature classes, contains a many to one relationship. One feature class contains polygon data  and the other is point based. I made the target the polygon data, which is many and the point data, which is joining it is the one.

The data itself is all held in Oracle 10g via and ArcSDE 9.3.1 geodatabase. I am using ArcMap 10.1.1.

I created an attribute index on the polygon feature class. However as soon as I did the join I got a loading table data error message. After which the data would not display. Thinking it may be due to the fact the point data is being joined to the polygon, I exported just the attribute table into the SDE.

However I got the same error message. Although this time the data did display. Contained in the error message was the line Missing raster band wavelength properties.

I did a search on the forums on that but could find nothing about it.

The full error dialouge box contained:
Loading table data
Could not load data from the data source. If you can correct the problem, press the refresh button to reload data. Possible problems can include bad network connection, invalid field, etc.
Bad connection handle
The function ID is out of range
Missing raster band wavelength properities

Kind regards

Tim