Spatial join after calculate field in modelbuilder

08-23-2021 01:22 PM
vrodig
by
New Contributor

Hi, I want to calculate the maximum altitude in each quadrangle of a 1ºx1º geographical grid. I use a 8 feature classes to do this, like contour lines and elevation point, of 3 different sources. Each of them give me the altitude value in different units and i have to work in feet.

So I am using modelbuilder. My idea is to calculate a new field in each feature class with the altitude value if feet, and then, spatial join of each feature class and the grid feature class, so i have to repeat this process 8 times. 

The problem is in the spatial join tool, when i am trying to choose the output fields in the fields map, the new fields on feet calculated previously, don't appear in the fields map. So, how can i solve this issue? 

If I run the calculate field tool and then try the spatial join, the new field appears. But if I try to choose the fields before running calculate fields it doesn't appear. I want this fields to appear without running the 8 calculate field tools before.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vrodig
by
New Contributor

Hi, I want to calculate the maximum altitude in each quadrangle of a 1ºx1º geographical grid. I use a 8 feature classes to do this, like contour lines and elevation point, of 3 different sources. Each of them give me the altitude value in different units and i have to work in feet.

So I am using modelbuilder. My idea is to calculate a new field in each feature class with the altitude value if feet, and then, spatial join of each feature class and the grid feature class, so i have to repeat this process 8 times. 

The problem is in the spatial join tool, when i am trying to choose the output fields in the fields map, the new fields on feet calculated previously, don't appear in the fields map. So, how can i solve this issue? 

If I run the calculate field tool and then try the spatial join, the new field appears. But if I try to choose the fields before running calculate fields it doesn't appear. I want this fields to appear without running the 8 calculate field tools before.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos