Share geoprocessing with data in enterprise gdb

Jump to solution
01-06-2021 05:31 AM
GuillaumeArnaud
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have 2 feature class in my database. I have a desktop geoprocess which :

- Delete all feature in the 2nd feature class

- Copy all feature from the 1rst to the 2nd feature class (with some calculation field and filter)

I need to share this tools on my arcgis server or portal. I have this tools on arcmap but i can copy it on arcgis pro.

How do this ?

Thanks

Guillaume ARNAUD

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Are both features in an enterprise GDB, and ArcGIS Server has the schema registered in the ArcGIS Server datastore?

If so, it will be relatively simple, just run the tool, go to the geoprocessing history, and share it.

Best to read up on the steps:

Quick tour of authoring and sharing web tools—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Are both features in an enterprise GDB, and ArcGIS Server has the schema registered in the ArcGIS Server datastore?

If so, it will be relatively simple, just run the tool, go to the geoprocessing history, and share it.

Best to read up on the steps:

Quick tour of authoring and sharing web tools—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

GuillaumeArnaud
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. It works in ArcGIS Pro. In ArcCatalog (ArcMap), I don't find how to publish web tool, I can only publish geoprocess services which doesn't work (i expect that it can't resolve <directory>/connexion.sde/layer)

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  the connection should be added to ArcGIS server data store if it can't be recognised.

0 Kudos
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

I think Geoprocessing Service (Published from ArcMap) = Web Tool (Published from ArcGIS Pro)

Did you run through this? A quick tour of publishing a geoprocessing service—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterpri...

In Server Manager, make your your SDE is registered with the GIS Server too.

0 Kudos