setting up the GME-R connection to create a grid in ArcMap

03-31-2016 01:04 AM
CorinnaVan_Cayzeele
New Contributor

Good Day,

I would like to create a grid over my map that can be used for analysis. I was advised that this can be done using Hawth's tools which has been replaced by the "Geospatial Modelling Environment" (GME)which is dependent on ArcGIS and R. Therefore, I've installed R and GME, but GME does not connect to R (as I can see when testing the citation). I have the newest versions of all 3 softwares.

The error message I received was (German): "Message: Die arithmetische Operation hat einen Überlauf verursacht. Source: SEGME" [~The arithmetic operation has caused an overflow].

Could anyone please explain to me in laymen terms how I could fix or avoid this problem?

Cheers,

Conny

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It is a math error... you will need to post the expression/operation you were using. 

0 Kudos
CorinnaVan_Cayzeele
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Dan Patterson.
I was not yet trying any expression, but just installed the programs. The error message appears everytime I open GME. I could see that the link to R does not exist under "citations".

0 Kudos
CorinnaVan_Cayzeele
New Contributor

Also, there are not commands shown and when I try a command in the "Command Text" window, I receive error messages including "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

0 Kudos