Setting new toolbox as permanent in ArcGIS Pro?

03-19-2018 06:09 AM
JotaUs
by
New Contributor

Similar to this thread - how to make a arctoolbox permanent in toolbox list - I am seeking to do the same in ArcGis Pro. Any thoughts?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

In pro, you normally access custom/user toolboxes through the project pane as shown in the figures here

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/analysis/geoprocessing/basics/save-geoprocessing-tools-in-your...

you can make any tools you create included in future projects via your project template.  I think you are expecting to see it in the main Arctoolbox tree all the time

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

access is through the Project

JotaUs
by
New Contributor

Thanks for suggestion. I already had the preferences set as above. Not really. I am not able too see it in the Arctoolbox tree all the time, and that is the issue. However it is possible to find the tool, if I type the name in the Find tools bar (geoprocessing window). Nonetheless, I still seek to find how to add new toolboxes and make them visible on the tree list, near to all the other default toolboxes.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That's what I am saying... it doesn't save there, it is from the toolboxes in the Catalog view. 

You could try putting it in this folder

C:\...PRO install folder....\Resources\ArcToolBox\Toolboxes

but that would help with sharing amongst other users, whereas the project/template approach would enable you to roll the toolbox in with the share