Problems with "Set Representation Control Point by Angle"

09-19-2011 02:05 PM
JonLabie
New Contributor
Hi y'all,
  I'm hoping someone on here can help me since I have the 180day evaluation version for a class and it doesn't allow me any technical support over the phone.  I'm working on a representations tutorial exercise 5 from ESRI for my computer cartography class I'm in and I've hit a road block. 

The instructions tell me to use the "Set Representation Control Point by Angle" in ArcCatalog.  Well I go and try to use it and i get 2 dialogue boxes the first: "Unable to execute the selected tool.  You do not have the necessary license to execute the selected tool", and the second: "Adding this item is not supported or the application that opens it is not found".  When I go to open the tools tree under "Cartography Tools" under "Cartographic Refinement" and find the tool the icon has a locked padlock over the hammer saying it is locked.  How do I unlock it for use or get a license for the 180day eval version so that I can complete the exercise and also my assignment?

I've talked to my instructors and they have no idea as well.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Also if it helps, I'm running Windows 7 32bit.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
If you don't have the ArcInfo license, you won't be able to unlock the tool. You need to talk to the evaluation version provider and see if they can get the license for you.
0 Kudos