Output above ground level raster with Viewshed tool

01-29-2013 05:33 AM
HishivShah2
New Contributor
I am trying to run the Viewshed tool on a DEM in order to produce an above ground level raster - i.e. a raster showing the minimum height a object has to be to be visible. The tool is generating the viewshed raster but is not producing the above ground level raster. There is no error message. I have tried both shapefiles and feature classes for the observer points, and both grids and fgdb rasters for the DEM.

I am running ArcGIS 10.1 build 3143, on Windows 7 64-bit.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
XuguangWang
Esri Contributor
What is the format for the output above ground level raster?

Are there any output rasters added to the display when the tool finishes?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
HishivShah2
New Contributor
I am outputting the above ground level raster to ESRI GRID format.

The viewshed raster is added to display at the end, but not the above ground level raster.
0 Kudos
XuguangWang
Esri Contributor
Please try some other output formats. For example, output to FGDB raster. That would help in determining what is going on.

Also, try changing the scratch workspace and workspace to some other folder or FGDB to see if that helps.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
HishivShah2
New Contributor
I have tried putting all inputs and outputs into a file geodatabase, and running the tool within a model builder model. This time I am getting an error message:

ERROR 010160: Unable to open raster C:\NEViewsheds\south_downs_test.gdb\agl3.
Failed to execute (Viewshed).
0 Kudos
XuguangWang
Esri Contributor
The fact that the error message showed up means that the tool was attempting to create the AGL raster output.

Did you set the workspace and scratchworkspace in the environment settings? Try to set them to be the same as the output FGDB.
0 Kudos
HishivShah2
New Contributor
I have tried running again, this time setting the workspace and scratch workspace to the output geodatabase, but still get the same error message.
0 Kudos