Model Builder: An error has occurred in the script on this page. MdDlgContent.htm

03-08-2013 11:40 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: kgrady

I've been creating a model in Arc 10.0 for a few days now without problems. Then I added the Calculate Field Tool. I selected Make Variable --> From Parameter --> Expression. When I check off "Model Parameter" on the expression variable once it's been added to the model, save and close the model, then try to open it in Toolbox, I receive two popup errors, both saying "An error has occurred in the script on this page."

The first error says Error: Expected ')' in Line 79 Character 70 (Code 0):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22478[/ATTACH]

The second says The value of the property 'IntForm' is null or undefined, not a Function object in Line 465 Character 1 (Code 0):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22479[/ATTACH]

Both messages are referencing the following URL: file:///C:/Users/MYUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/ESRI/Desktop10.0/ArcToolbox/Dlg/MdDlgContent.htm.

I located this article in ESRI support and followed the instructions, to no avail. (It must not be the exact same issue, as my message box doesn't reference Internet Explorer in the title). I also tried downloading SP5.

I opened the MdDlgContent.htm to take a look but that wasn't much help either because, despite some familiarity with Python and JavaScript, I am hardly a programmer.

Any help troubleshooting or resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ray_DominicMaldonado
New Contributor
Same thing just started happening to me today after editing "syntax descriptions" just so I can publish a tool (.gpk) ... Now I can't even open it w/o error, let alone edit whatever ails it... Haven't tried the help link you referenced yet, mostly b/c I'm a bit wary since I'm on 10.1 and it's made for 9.x & 10.0

This would happen while working on my final project,
RDM
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: curtvprice

Both messages are referencing the following URL: file:///C:/Users/MYUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/ESRI/Desktop10.0/ArcToolbox/Dlg/MdDlgContent.htm.

Since this file in in your user profile area, you may want to try regenerating your ArcGIS app profile:

1. Close all ArcGIS apps
2. go to your %APPDATA% folder
3. rename Esri to Esri_ld
4. restart ArcMap

You will lose your set up ArcCatalog Connections, but you'll get a nice new clean user profile.
0 Kudos
BillV
by
New Contributor
Hello,

The product uses HTML documents served locally.  I fixed this error by adding the local domain (Literally 'Local') to the trusted sites list in the Internet Explorer settings.

Add this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\localhost

Add a "D-Word (32-bit) Value"

Name: http
Value: 1

This works for my installation.  All functions work as expected now.
Windows 7 x64, IE9, Novell, ArcGIS Desktop 10, v10.0.4400 (SP5).

I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
GabeCastellanos
New Contributor

Where am I supposed to add the key?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jaredpilbeam

Since this file in in your user profile area, you may want to try regenerating your ArcGIS app profile:

1. Close all ArcGIS apps
2. go to your %APPDATA% folder
3. rename Esri to Esri_ld
4. restart ArcMap

You will lose your set up ArcCatalog Connections, but you'll get a nice new clean user profile.

Hi Curtis,

I followed this advice as I had a similar error message: [ATTACH=CONFIG]34969[/ATTACH]

I was attempting to do a point density analysis and could not even open the tool. I'm running 10.1. As you said, I have lost my ArcCatalog connections but that's seemingly all that it did, and left me with the same message.

Thanks,

Jared
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I followed this advice [reset user profile] as I had a similar error message: [ATTACH=CONFIG]34969[/ATTACH]

I'm guessing you  are  seeing this message with any tool dialog, not just Point Density.

If the profile reset  did not fix it, there may be a issue with permissions, see this [post=374494]last post in the thread[/post] about security settings.  By default IE local browsing is blocked for some Windows OS and under some group policies your organization will have. You also need to make sure that IE is your default browser on Windows.

You may have to take this to Esri to get it resolved.
0 Kudos
hugorodriguez_escobedo
New Contributor

Lo solucione reparando con el cd de instalación