Iterate Field Value comes back as '1'

12-18-2013 05:54 AM
MaryNewton_Lima
New Contributor
I am trying to iterate unique field values in ArcGIS 10.2. 

If I build the model new, it will iterate the first unique value (41034), but subsequent runs of the model only return a value of 1.

I need the actual unique value as I pass it on to a select layer by attribute to then map XY points from the same table.

Is there something I am missing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29974[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DennisJarrard
Esri Contributor
You need to revalidate the model after you've run it to reset the iterator. Click the checkmark in the menu in Modelbuilder and then rerun it. You should find that it iterates the values again. This is only an issue when you run the model from Modelbuilder. If you double-click it and run it as a tool, you won't see this as long as you validate the model prior to saving it.
0 Kudos
MaryNewton_Lima
New Contributor
I tried as you stated.  It did not work.  I went so far as to remake the model, still a no-go.  I am still getting a value of '1'.  It should be returning a date field to me.  Any Other ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30008[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
DennisJarrard
Esri Contributor
What I'm noticing in your screenshot is that the iterate portion is shaded behind the shapes. This usually means that this portion of the model has been run. If you re-validate, does this shading disappear or remain?
0 Kudos
PrasadiIndrawimala
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue.

Is there a solution to skip the '1'?

Validating the model doesn't seem to solve the issue...

Thanks

0 Kudos