How to convert from E, N, Z data to TIN

Jump to solution
10-22-2015 01:24 PM
KONPETROV
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, i have a file in a geodatabase that in its at attribute table has the columns: OBJECTID, SHAPE, E, N, Z. I know that it should be a TIN file but i don't have it like that in my workspace, but as points. I have no idea from geodatabases, and why it is in that form there? It has been maden form LiDAR data that is for sure.

Any idea how can i convert it to TIN?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Use the Create TIN tool on those points.

If they're not points already, make them into points first, using the coordinates.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

looks like the table that already has coordinates, hence the Shape field.  any more info? or is that all there is, just the table

0 Kudos
KONPETROV

only that data i wrote

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Use the Create TIN tool on those points.

If they're not points already, make them into points first, using the coordinates.

KONPETROV

I tried it and worked fine. Thank you very much . I have one more question, would it be more correct if i had tranformed them firstly in .LAS through txt2las and then from LAS to TIN?

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

You started with a point feature. So the approach outlined by Darren is perfect.

Actual LAS files are a different thing altogether. If you have a collection of LAS files, create a lasd dataset using Catalog and go from there.

0 Kudos