How can i divide 1455 consumer cases between 9 workers evenly? They work in the Dallas office. I would like to distribute the workload between the 9 workers evenly. Dallas has 425 consumers so like 3 people could work those.

05-05-2016 12:01 PM
deleted-user-Sbau2f4Moee0
New Contributor

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

I've used Districting for ArcGIS | Overview  in the past to create districts for our inspectors.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Wes. Thank you. I just downloaded districting and guess I am not sure what its asking for when it asks for geography source.

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

I used block group data with  5 years of historical data joined to the block group data. You could use any polygon data with your customers joined to it. The tool will not create the districts for you it will allow you to select and assign the polys to a district and keep a tally for you. With only 425 consumers it may be faster to create a polygon that encompasses the target area and cut the poly at intervals of 47 or 48 customers.

New Contributor

Thank you. I will give that a try.

Renae

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thank you.  When districting asks for geography source, I dont have any.  I want the district software to create the districts.  So i guess i am confused as to what to put there.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

As an alternative, you might want to have a look at ArcGIS Online. Plan Routes—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS could be an option, which will consume 9 credits when creating 9 routes ( 1 for each worker).

Or maybe parts of this thread may help you: https://community.esri.com/thread/170830#comment-580880