getting Error 000110  when using multiple ring buffer

01-16-2014 10:31 AM
GaryZhang
New Contributor
I am doing an exercise from an arcgis tutorial book and everytime I go to use Multiple ring buffer I get this error (see picture)

When I did a regular buffer I did not get any error so I am not sure what the problem is here. Why is it saying that the default1.gdb does not exist and how can I correct this?

Thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]30581[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PLadd
by
Occasional Contributor III
Are you sure that the path and default file geodatabase actually exist?  Try saving this to a geodatabase on your C:\ drive and see if that works
0 Kudos
HollyBayley
New Contributor
Seems like it's a problem with the 5-5 tutorial map itself. The multi-ring buffer works fine if you make a new map with all the layers used in the tutorial map.
0 Kudos
KyleC
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi all, I know this is a pretty old thread, but Esri Support recently received a similar case and I wanted to share the resolution here:

1) The error did not persist when we ran the Multiple Ring Buffer tool in a new ArcMap project.

2) To go one step further, we opened the existing ArcMap project and noticed that the Multiple Ring Buffer tool's Environment settings for Current Workspace and Scratch Workspace were incorrectly set to a nonexistent folder path.

3) To resolve the issue, we renamed the incorrect path to match a folder that exists on the user's machine. In Windows File Explorer, we obtained the correct folder path by navigating to Documents > ArcGIS > Default.gdb, and copied this path from the address bar. The folder path should look something like C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb. We then pasted this folder path into the Current Workspace and Scratch Workspace boxes in ArcMap.

4) After that, we successfully ran the Multiple Ring Buffer tool with no error messages.

0 Kudos