I'm running ArcGIS 10.1 and have been using the Geostatistical Wizard to create an interpolation layer using ordinary kriging. The Wizard has successfully run the kriging operation and produced a geostatistical layer output, which looks quite reasonable. However, when I try to export the GA layer to a raster (I've tried both GA Layer to Grid and Data->Export to Raster from the TOC) the resulting raster is empty. The range of the raster layer as shown in the TOC is -3.4...e+038 to 3.4...e+038, and when I open the properties for the layer, no summary stats are shown. Calculating Statistics is not doing anything, it runs, but doesn't change the summary stats and the raster still appears empty. The projection information of the original point data and the output raster match. This is the first time I've use the Geostatical Analyst in version 10+, so I don't know if I'm just missing one simple thing...Please advise!
Does your input data have a join? If so, try using Copy Features to persist the join, then recreate the geostatistical layer and try again to export to raster.
If that doesn't work (or you didn't have a join), try running GA Layer to Contour and let me know if it runs correctly. There are a few other things we can try, but hopefully this is enough to figure out the problem.
Hi Eric, Thanks for your reply. My input data doesn't have a join; it's a point shapefile I created from an excel spreadsheet. The only thing I did to it was reprojected it from GCS to UTM. I ran the GA layer to Contour. It ran successfully and added a layer to my TOC that appears to have the same range of values as the input GA layer. However, I can't see it! It is not showing up in my map view where expected, under the GA layer, and when I choose "zoom to layer", I end up out in space somewhere. The projection information under the properties appears to be exactly the same between my input data, the contour layer, and the data frame. So the contour layer looks to have data in it, different than the GA Layer to Grid output, but now there is a new issue...or maybe it's related?
For the input point feature class, if you right click and go to Properties and under the Source tab, what do you have for Projected Coordinate System: ? Do the same for the output contour feature class.
What happens if you use this input feature class in the IDW geoprocessing tool of Geostatistical Analyst. I.e.
Toolbox-> Geostatistical Analyst Tools->Interpolation->IDW and output a GA layer and then convert the layer to raster
Thank you for your replies. It turns out, for some unknown reason, the NAIP imagery I had loaded into my arcmap project from an image server, was causing the issue. All the projection information appeared the same between all layers and the data frame, but after I removed the imagery from the project, I was able to successfully export the GA layer to raster and see the output raster, and it was where it was supposed to be on earth and had the correct data range. I'm not sure what was going on between the imagery and the process of converting the GA layer to raster, but at least it's working now! Thanks again.