Geocode USA addresses using ArcGIS Desktop.

09-11-2017 05:02 AM
SLobodanKomatina
New Contributor

I have a list of addresses in form Address, City, Country, ZIP code and I want to geocode these addresses and get the points of these locations. I want to do that using ArcGIS geocode tool. Is there any accurate Address locator for USA or any URL server for this type geocoding? I have tried to use ArcGIS world geocode service but there was some error: "There was an error trying to process this table".

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Slobodan

The Geocode Addresses geoprocessing tool is the core tool for this, using the World service.  Most likely you were not signed in to ArcGIS Online when you tried this or you do not have geocode privilege in your organization or you have insufficient credits.  Check with your org admin.

SLobodanKomatina
New Contributor

I have logged in but maybe my account don`t have privilege for geocoding. How I can create a new account for geocoding? Or maybe I could download some address locator for ArcGIS?

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Here is the help link.

SLobodanKomatina
New Contributor

Helpful, but is there any address locator which not require any privileges?

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

If you can find a media kit for ArcGIS 10.2, the Data & Maps DVD has a USA locator using data from 2009.  Other than that you could contact your local Esri office and inquire about licensing StreetMap Premium.

0 Kudos