Select to view content in your preferred language

Exporting a very large File Geodatabase Feature Class after an Add Join

11-13-2018 10:04 AM
NataliaGutierrez1
New Contributor III

Hello!

I have 40 separate File Geodatabase Feature Classes inside a File Geodatabase each with about 1,000,000 polygons each with around 5 fields and 10 new ones I joined using the Add Join tool. So far no problem. However, as far as I know the only way to make this a permanent one is to use the Export Features Tool. Exporting it without the join is done after a few minutes, however exporting it with the join is taking as long as 2 days per File Geodatabase Feature Class. 

Is there anything I could do differently to speed up the process??

I would really appreciate somebody's help even if it is to let me know that there is nothing else I can do.

Just want to be sure I am doing it correctly and not wasting a month of work.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
NataliaGutierrez1
New Contributor III

ok perfect thank you so much! I really appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
NataliaGutierrez1
New Contributor III

I am using the Feature Class to Geodatabase tool to move the shapefile into the Geodatabase as a File Geodatabase Feature Class and it is taking too long.

Is there another faster way to do this?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Is the shapefile on the same machine as the File Geodatabase?  If it is not, try copying the shapefile to the same server the File Geodatabase is on using Window's File Explorer.  This could be a network issue.

0 Kudos
NataliaGutierrez1
New Contributor III

It is actually on the same server and it ended up finishing sooner than the percentage was telling me.

It stayed on 2% and then it was completed after 5 minutes.

I also wanted to let you know that I tried the steps you told me yesterday and the time it is taking to export the file has reduced dramatically!

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos