Euclidean Distance Geoprocessing Service using UNC

515
1
Jump to solution
08-07-2019 06:15 AM
KarenRobine
Occasional Contributor II

I'm working on a geoprocessing service that performs a Euclidean Distance on some features.  The Euclidean Distance works well.  The data is properly stored in the Scratch folder. But here's the problem. If I've setup a UNC path for the Jobs folder, at the very end, after it says, "exiting", the service fails with a

java.lang.Exception: Could not service request.

It actually fails moving the data to the final UNC jobs folder.  That folder is mainly empty with some .dat files.  Also of note, we have it running on 1 server properly. But the rest of the servers, it fails on.  We're currently running 10.6.1.  Any ideas?

Here's the final messages:

  • esriJobMessageTypeInformative: dtw_raster = C:\Users\ILMOCD~1\AppData\Local\Temp\testing1\testing_gpserver\jf4517a7a7ad7412aa3e10c6a5c3ccd49\scratch\EucDist_tmpNHDF1.tif

  • esriJobMessageTypeInformative: ...exiting...
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: Failed.
  • esriJobMessageTypeInformative: java.lang.Exception: Could not service request. 
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarenRobine
Occasional Contributor II

OK, we resolved this issue. I was using arcpy.sa.EucDistance(filterFC, '#', arcpy.env.cellSize)  to perform this function.  But once I switched to arcpy.gp.EucDistance_sa(filterFC, dtw_raster, '#', arcpy.env.cellSize), that fixed it.

This thread described the problem in more detail:  

https://community.esri.com/thread/146373

I just wish I found this solution sooner, as many hours were spent on this bug.  The Euclidean Distance function didn't fail at all. It wasn't until we used a UNC path for the Jobs folder that we had that unrelated issue copying the resulting data to the final workspace appear at the end. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KarenRobine
Occasional Contributor II

OK, we resolved this issue. I was using arcpy.sa.EucDistance(filterFC, '#', arcpy.env.cellSize)  to perform this function.  But once I switched to arcpy.gp.EucDistance_sa(filterFC, dtw_raster, '#', arcpy.env.cellSize), that fixed it.

This thread described the problem in more detail:  

https://community.esri.com/thread/146373

I just wish I found this solution sooner, as many hours were spent on this bug.  The Euclidean Distance function didn't fail at all. It wasn't until we used a UNC path for the Jobs folder that we had that unrelated issue copying the resulting data to the final workspace appear at the end. 

0 Kudos