Can't create new features interactively in ArcMap from a FeatureSet parameter.

Jump to solution
07-18-2012 05:11 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jbailey.spatialbridge

I've created a model with a FeatureSet parameter. However, when I open the tool in ArcMap, I don't have the ability to create new features interactively. Instead, I only get a dropdown list and a browse button:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16189[/ATTACH]

I've attached the toolbox containing a sample tool that demonstrates this problem.

What's the issue here?

Thanks,

Jon.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: j.quinn

A feature set needs to have a template with which to digitize features.  At 10.0, the option to Add records interactively is greyed out if the feature set does not have a feature class or shapefile associated with it.  At 10.1, it appears as though the option is simply removed, instead of greyed out.  If you have a value entered for the feature set, it'll give you the option to create features.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I downloaded and unzipped your toolbox, and it was empty.  Can you try to upload it again?
0 Kudos
JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Jonathan,

This is a 10.1 toolbox. Is that maybe why you can't see the contents?

I've saved the toolbox as a 10.0 toolbox and attached.

Thanks,

Jon.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

A feature set needs to have a template with which to digitize features.  At 10.0, the option to Add records interactively is greyed out if the feature set does not have a feature class or shapefile associated with it.  At 10.1, it appears as though the option is simply removed, instead of greyed out.  If you have a value entered for the feature set, it'll give you the option to create features.
0 Kudos
SlobodanKostic
New Contributor
Hi,
I tried to use feature set from a model in Desktop 10.1 to add features and attributes like I did with previous versions of Desktop.
Before, there was only one window for adding feature interactively together with attributes.
Now, a window opens when tool is started for entering feature and user has to open attribute window or table from TOC in order to add attributes for the new feature.
This is definitely a step back.
0 Kudos