Build multi File-geodatabase from folder or FC name???

03-06-2012 10:49 PM
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
Hi there

I have either 5 folders og 5 FeatureClasses with unique names and want automaticly with a model to build 5 File-geodatabases named from these folders or FC.

Anyone ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
OK i solved that on my own with a model with "iterate Feature Classes" bases on shapefiles.

NEXT problem.....I want it based on the shapefiles to clip in rasters/Vectors and put it, in the right database with the same name........as "based on shapefile MASTER, clip all rasters/vectors and put them in database MASTER"
0 Kudos
BBicking1
Esri Contributor
Hi Henrik,

sounds to me like an if  shapefile x then fGDB x, elIf shapefile y then fGDB y, ...

An example is here http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Using_If_Then_Else_logic_for_branching...

Barbara
0 Kudos
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
Hi Barbara

Thanks, but i think i almost have solved my problem with the attached model. But i think there is a bug somewhere, either in my data or in ArcGIS 10.

No matter if i have 2-3-4-5-6- or more clippolygons it ALWAYS fails on the last one. No matter if i have 2-3-4-5- or more FeatureClasses and several Rasters, it's completes it job OK on all fgdb except the last one, here I always is missing 1 FC????

If i look in "Result" everything is done with succes, also ALL FC in the last fgdb, BUT I'm still missing one ??

It drives me crazy :mad:
0 Kudos