Unfortunately an Oracle DBA removed some tables from a 10.2.2 geodatabase without using ArcCatalog and has partially corrupted the DB. I will say the DB is almost 100% usable with only a slight degradation. Short of an install of a backup (which is curr

02-05-2020 10:37 AM
JohnPavek
New Contributor II

Nothing extra for now

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

Is/was this a versioned DB? If so then you likely won't be able to reconcile it back. If not; you may be able to extract to a fGDB your tables then drop the DB, recreate it then reimport your tables & feature-classes.

JohnPavek
New Contributor II

I am trying to figure out everything as I'm in a new place trying to help them get things in shape.  So I'm still trying to figure out things.  But from what I can find out no...none of the primary DBs were versioned esp production.  I appreciate your comment because I had forgotten about the File GDB option.  

Thanks so much for your comments!

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Agree, what tales were "removed" form the Oracle DB, that will be important before providing guidance.

Unfortunately, if it was a system table (GDB or SDE) you may have an issue down the road. The safest option is to restore from a verified back up. Hopefully you have one!

--- George T.
JohnPavek
New Contributor II

I am trying to figure out everything as I'm in a new place trying to help them get things in shape.  So I'm still trying to figure out things.  Unfortunately from what I was told the person did the delete and then lost their work visa suddenly.  Nobody was able to follow-up so it is unknown.  I'm working on trying to find the verified backup.  Another thought I had was to maybe take the uncorrupted DBs from the test servers but that brings in some issues of their own.  But the backup and using test may be null and void esp since significant time has passed.

Thanks so much for your comments!

0 Kudos