Schema Locks - Oracle

08-22-2016 06:53 AM
RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Schema Locks Grayed Out for the Data Owner and Geodatabase Administrator. I'm trying to identify all the locks that exist on a feature class using ArcCatalog. Its an Orancle Database on which I running these operations. I've attached the screenshot for more information. Please let me know what might be causing this strange behaviour on the geodatabase. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Please make database connection SDE account or Admin account to see locks or kill locks sessions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Hi Avinash,

I've already used SDE account as well as Data Owner Account to view the locks. It is not showing, Do I need to grant any permissions on the sys tables

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Rama,

SDE account have permission in SYS DB if not please do that.
SDE account work as master user.

or you can use SDEMON command to view locks

sdemon -o info -I <{users | users_long | config | stats | locks | vars | instances}>
[-q] {[-i {<service> | <port#> | <direct connection>}]
[-s <server_name>] | [-H <sde_directory>]}
[-u <user_name>] [-p <user_password>] [-D <database_name>]
sdemon 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Avinash, Do I need to run in command prompt ? Is there any documentation for running this. Thank you for helping me in troubleshooting. 

0 Kudos
AlexanderBrown5
Occasional Contributor II

Rama,

Be aware that if your ArcSDE is 10.3 or newer, the SDE command line has been deprecated.  

For running ArcSDE 10.2 and prior:

ArcSDE Administration Command Reference 

Some additional information for ArcSDE:

What's new in ArcGIS for Desktop—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Alternatives to using SDE command line tools in ArcGIS | Support Services Blog 

~Alex

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

To disconnect users from a geodatabase in Oracle, the geodatabase administrator must either be added to the DBA role or granted ALTER SYSTEM and SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE privileges.

Manage connections in Oracle—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Try granting these permissions to the SDE schema and then check in Geodatabase Administrator window in ArcCatalog

0 Kudos
RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Hi ASenGupta-esristaff‌ Thank you for your response, Granting those permission on the schema made locks click able (meaning they are no more grayed out). But still I tried editing a layer and looking for the locks using ArcCatalog, It was suppose to show the schema lock but It didn't. Do you think is there anything I need grant permission on. Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos
User35489
Occasional Contributor III

Billakanti,

Mention version for Geodatabase/ArcSDE and Oracle database and ArcGIS Client, please.

0 Kudos
RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Hi Abdullah Environment is on Oracle 12 C, ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 and Geodatabase Version is also 10.4. 

0 Kudos