Oracle view as point FC gone!

Jump to solution
07-03-2018 04:43 PM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

I have an oracle view that was setup to look like a point FC in ArcCatalog at some point. And now it is missing in the prod environment and in turn breaking stuff. However, at a database (ddl level) level they look the same. So, I am wondering...

1)  How is this done in the first place?

2) What could have changed in prod to make it vanish?

3) How can I restore it and save the day?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

If you are using ArcSDE 10.1, then you should be using the SDE Command line tools to register.

sdelayer 

The functionality of registering Views with the geodatabase, using the "Register with Geodatabase" tool was introduced with ArcGIS 10.5.x, so you won't see that in the previous versions.

https://community.esri.com/groups/geodatabase/blog/2016/12/14/new-at-105-registering-a-database-view... 

** My suggestion would be to drop the view and recreate it, to be sure.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Looks like this is how to do it in the first place...  Register a table or view with the geodatabase—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

But it is not showing up. Arc 10.1

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

If you are using ArcSDE 10.1, then you should be using the SDE Command line tools to register.

sdelayer 

The functionality of registering Views with the geodatabase, using the "Register with Geodatabase" tool was introduced with ArcGIS 10.5.x, so you won't see that in the previous versions.

https://community.esri.com/groups/geodatabase/blog/2016/12/14/new-at-105-registering-a-database-view... 

** My suggestion would be to drop the view and recreate it, to be sure.

forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

I was able to recreate the view with arcsde command line tools and register it. Still no clue on how it got twisted to start with... Thanks for the help Asrujit.