compress 10.1 Oracle GDB from 10.6.1 client

Jump to solution
01-16-2019 05:42 AM
MartinMaretta3
New Contributor

Hi all,

I compress our Oracle SDE Geodatabase 10.1 from 10.6.1 client (run also analyze datasets, and rebuild indexes) and I have notice that it is much more faster tham from 10.1 or 10.2.1 client (using the same tool). Is this speed improvment OK? Or could be gedatabase compress in inappropriate way?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would say that it is ok. The clients have gotten better over time in terms of efficiency. As long as the Compress finishes with no errors, you should be good.

Why is your EGDB still at 10.1. this version has been retired? 3rd-party dependency?

Just a FYI connecting to a 10.1 GDB from a 10.6.1 client is not supported if there is an issue: Client and geodatabase compatibility—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

--- George T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
George_Thompson

I would say that it is ok. The clients have gotten better over time in terms of efficiency. As long as the Compress finishes with no errors, you should be good.

Why is your EGDB still at 10.1. this version has been retired? 3rd-party dependency?

Just a FYI connecting to a 10.1 GDB from a 10.6.1 client is not supported if there is an issue: Client and geodatabase compatibility—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

--- George T.
MartinMaretta3
New Contributor

Hi George,

Thanks for response. Yes there are no errors after compress, analyze datasets, rebuild indexes. So seems it is OK.

PS> yes we still use 10.1, because of 3rd party, but we are in process of upgrade to 10.2.1..and hopefully very soon to 10.6.1.

I use that 10.6.1 client only for administration of geodatabases, because of richer functionality, Havent problem with connection and tools yet.

Martin.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I would target the move to 10.6.1 ASAP as those older versions are or will be out of support soon. Support for 10.2.1 retires on July 1, 2019! Esri Support ArcMap 10.6 (10.6.1) 

--- George T.
0 Kudos