Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with Flow Direction

10-13-2011 03:25 PM
GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III
Greetings all.

I am in desperate need of some help. I work at an electricity company am I am trying to set up an electric distribution geometric network. I created it successfully and set up what I think are the right connectivity rules.

There is a situation where two different circuits occasionally run on the same pole (Point A in the pic) or one line terminates perpendicular to another line from a different circuit at the same pole.

Can someone please assist me in getting the circuits in green and purple to flow freely to their ends even if they seem to intersect at point A?

I have attached the sample geodatabase that i'm working with.

My email address is dalrympleg@gmail.com

Regards
Gideon.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TiffanyTuro
New Contributor III
Hi,
I don't know if you have found your solution yet, but a work around could be to have one of the feeders "jump" around the pole.  We do this often when our lines cross, and it is implied that the line is connected to pole (or vault, or J-cab, etc), but for visual clarity in the map and network, the line actually hops over it.  I will try to attach a screen shot, and my network reacts fine with this method.
-Tiffany

Greetings all.

I am in desperate need of some help. I work at an electricity company am I am trying to set up an electric distribution geometric network. I created it successfully and set up what I think are the right connectivity rules.

There is a situation where two different circuits occasionally run on the same pole (Point A in the pic) or one line terminates perpendicular to another line from a different circuit at the same pole.

Can someone please assist me in getting the circuits in green and purple to flow freely to their ends even if they seem to intersect at point A?

I have attached the sample geodatabase that i'm working with.

My email address is dalrympleg@gmail.com

Regards
Gideon.
0 Kudos
GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III
Hi,
I don't know if you have found your solution yet, but a work around could be to have one of the feeders "jump" around the pole.  We do this often when our lines cross, and it is implied that the line is connected to pole (or vault, or J-cab, etc), but for visual clarity in the map and network, the line actually hops over it.  I will try to attach a screen shot, and my network reacts fine with this method.
-Tiffany

Thank you Tiffany. Actually at the beginning when I encountered this problem I immediately thought of this as a work around. I was just hoping that there was an alternative solution where the line can stay snapped to the pole.

Do you work at an electricity company? Do you work directly with GIS? I am hoping we can exchange information for mutual benefit. I am trying my best to build an effective GIS system at our Electricity company and need all the help I can get. Please email me at ' dalrympleg@gmail.com'

Hoping to talk with you more.

regards,
Gideon.
0 Kudos