Select to view content in your preferred language

Issues in Utility network validate topology

Jump to solution
12-07-2018 04:35 AM
SurajJha1
New Contributor III

I have created a utility network. Published it and added it to map. But while validating my network topolgy Getting error "Dataset must be versioned". I checked the dataset(through which utility network service has been published) it is branch versioned. Please help to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SurajJha1
New Contributor III

Solved the issue. This was actually my mistake I was not enabling version management during publishing of service.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SilviaRyter
New Contributor II

In addition to the Branch Versioning Type, you must register the dataset as versioned before you publish the service

Example for register as versioned

SurajJha1
New Contributor III

Even after that i am getting this issue. If you could send the exact steps it might help

0 Kudos
SilviaRyter
New Contributor II

For me, switching to branch versioning doesn't always work properly either. Sometimes I have to repeat this step several times.

So I recommend you

• Return to traditional versioning type
  • Restart ArcGIS Pro
  • Change back to Branch Versioning
  • After right-click the feature dataset that contains the utility network and click under Manage, Register as Versioned
  • Enable Network Topology
  • After this step you should already know if it work
  • afterwards publish or overwrite your Service
SurajJha1
New Contributor III

Thanks for your promp response. Tried but not worked.

0 Kudos
SilviaRyter
New Contributor II

are you validation your network in the Client-Server connection mode? You still get the message "Dataset must be versioned"?

SurajJha1
New Contributor III

Adding UN from layer not from sde. Please correct if I am wrong  

0 Kudos
SurajJha1
New Contributor III

Solved the issue. This was actually my mistake I was not enabling version management during publishing of service.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MattDeitemeyer
New Contributor III

Thanks for following through on the solution. I made the exact same 'mistake' trying to stand up a Trace Network in PRO 3.1.

0 Kudos