Extracting Geometry Data from Selection

07-05-2024 09:00 AM
Labels (2)
Esprit3
New Contributor III

I'm working on a project in ArcGIS Experience Builder and need some help with extracting geometry data from a selection made on the map (through the select widget).

I'm having trouble accessing the geometry data after the selection is made. I've tried various approaches to extract the data but keep encountering issues where the output data source appears not to be loaded or found. 

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue or can provide guidance on how to correctly intercept and extract the geometry data from the selection? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

You should be able to Export to item from the Select widget Data action? This would export the features and their geometry. There's also the option to Export as GeoJSON. Do you also see this on your end?

It depends what you mean by "extracting the geometry" and how you intend to use the data.

AlixVezina_0-1720450305249.png

Esprit3
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response. I mean the selection's geometry, not the specific features' geometry inside the selection. This has to be possible since the calculations are based on the user's drawn geometry. How may I do this?

0 Kudos