Select to view content in your preferred language

Electric Utility Network Foundation Model

09-30-2022 04:34 AM
AnastasiiaSavchenko
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

Here is the latest Esri Electric Utility Network Foundation solution. This solution template contains a configuration that leverages a data model with integrated requirements from the Utility Network Community (UNC) founded by European electric distribution and transmission companies. 

Please refer to Release notes section in the link above to track changes made in the latest electric foundation solution.

7 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

We have finished a round of updates to the model in the solution.  These updates have been from your feedback.  Below is a high level list of the updates.  The zip is too large for posting here, so I shared it via a one drive link.  We are working on updates to the configuration table experience which will allow us a simpler way to apply on a subset of the model for balanced systems.  

Updated Model and Maps

Change Log

- Expanded Names of assemblies to include type and bank
- Removed CurrentStatus fields
- Rename DeviceStatus fields to OperatingStatus
- Removed Station Assemblies
- Added new Asset Types to High Voltage Switches
- Added new Asset Types to High Voltage Transformer
- Removed Arrestors Asset Group and added Network Attribute to Junctions to note if arrestor is present
- Added New ElectricJunctionObjects to model Arrestors and Insulators
- Added New ElectricDevice and ElectricJunctionObjects to model Line Hardware
- Added Transformer Winding Asset Groups to Electric Devices
- Added New Structure Junction Object for Aerial Support Hardware
- Added Service Fuses to Low Voltage Fuses
- Revised and reorganized Line Ends and Connection Points in Electric Junctions, including adding T and Straight Joints
- Removed Solid Connection from Line Ends
- Revised and added types to Electric Substation Boundary and Electric Station
- Added Voltage suffix to Structure Junction Pole Asset Types and adjusted Asset Type codes
- Added Voltage suffix to Structure Line Electric Pathways Asset Types
- Added Voltage suffix to Structure Line Conduit Asset Types
- Added new types to Structure Support Junctions
- Updated all domains split policy to duplicate
- Added new Tier for Electric Generation
- Updated fields with Metric to include an _ before metric to be consistent across classes
- Updated fields with _lg to remove the _ to be consistent across classes
- Added new Network Attribute IsCritical
- Removed IsValid Loop attribute
- Added HasAttrestor attribute to ElectricJunctions
- Renamed Attribute Domain Electric_Transmission_Phase_Attribution to Electric_High_Voltage_Phase_Attribution
- Renamed Attribute Domain Electric_Distribution_Phase_Attribution to Electric_Medium_Voltage_Phase_Attribution
- Renamed Attribute Domain Electric_Secondary_Phase_Attribution to Electric_Low_Voltage_Phase_Attribution
- Removed All Attribute Rules built from CAV's
- Field diameterwidth on StructureLine renamed to diameter
- Field materialsoil on StructureLine renamed to materialcode
- Added field ohm to structureline and assigned Electric_Ohms_per_KM to Ground and Static Wire Asset Groups
- Revised all Network Categories for a consistent naming conventions
- New Network Category, E:Open Point, added
- Revised all trace configuration definitions and naming
- New Terminal Configuration, Transformer Winding, for Transformer Winding Asset Groups
- Bus Side terminal for Ground Switch renamed to Ground Side
- New Network Attribute, E:Riser, added
- New Network Attribute, Is Critical, added
- Device Operation Network Attributes renamed to Operating Status
- Distribution and Secondary Subnetwork definitions updated to include E:Open Point conditional barrier
- Updated Configuration and Rename table for UNC

Jan_Creupelandt
Occasional Contributor

In the model, I see a feature class "AdditionalStructureLines". I understand this is to store structure line features that will not take part of the utility network, so no network rules can be applied on nor tracing.

What is the function of these features?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

It is to model features that do not need to be included in the network index.  Such as the Fence Lines on an electric station.  We have cleaned these up some.  Here is the current list:

MikeMillerGIS_0-1674730056284.png

0 Kudos
EdwardBlair
Regular Contributor

Sorry I'm late to the party here, but when I tried to open the ElectricDevice class in ArcCatalog 10.8 I get an error message "Failed to Edit Selected Object".   I'm guessing there are extra steps required... or that this can only be opened in ArcGIS Pro?

Thx,

Ed

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

It requires ArcGIS Pro

0 Kudos
StefanUseldinger
Frequent Contributor

Does it work with Enterprise 11.0?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Although not explicitly tested, I do not forsee any compatibility issue.  We do suggest 10.9.1 as it will be supported and patches longer than 11

0 Kudos