Select to view content in your preferred language

ESRI/ArcFM Electric Geodatabase Model (GN not the UN)

03-02-2023 04:52 PM
PaulScipione
New Contributor

We have ArcGIS 10.8.1 with ArcFM for our Electric enterprise GIS.  We are still at the beginning stages of exploring a transition to the UN.  But budgets may prevent that from happening anytime soon.  In the meantime we are getting asked to model more detailed components in our substations and 69kv system.  So for now, we'd like to get access to the GDB schema for Electric, based on the GN, so we can use it to define any new feature classes, etc.  Hoping that using the ESRI/ArcFM GDB model now will make it easier to transition to UN later.  Every single web search for Electric GDB model for GN comes up with just the UN info.

2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Paul,

I am not aware of a GN model to do what you are looking for.  I would suggest using the Asset Package(which works in ArcMap) included in the Electric Utility Network Foundation Solution and use that schema to design your substations.  Then you are ready to move right into the UN.

RichardKoch
New Contributor III

Along with the suggestion from Mike. I would suggest becoming familiar with the rule structure and later impacts of early decisions in a project. If you would like to talk more about this, please email me kochr@firstenergycorp.com 

all the best to you on your project