Electric Utility Network - Streetlight Domains

01-14-2020 08:16 AM
EddyClark
Occasional Contributor

Currently going through the Mapping Workbooks storymap.   I've noticed domains in my AssetPackage titled Electric_Light_Watts and Electric_Low_Voltage_Street_Bulb_Type but I don't see which tables/fields these domains are assigned.  I'm guessing I'm supposed to add fields to the ElectricDevice feature class and assign these domains.  Is that right?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Hi Eddy. 

What version of the model are you referring to?

Also, in the Utility Network, in order to not add potentially hundreds of attributes that are only used for specific asset groups, we use a methodology of "field reuse" where a field is used as X for subtype 1 and as Y for subtype 2.  Since you should only access the data via service and not directly at the database level, the presentation of this can be controlled to display the correct information to the end user (look at the Editor Map we provide).

In our latest version of the Electric Model Low Voltage Lighting uses the attribute powermeasure for light size in Watts with the domain "Electric_Light_Watts" assigned to the attribute at the subtype level.  Also, the attribute remotecontrolindicator (looking at it from a database view) is used for Bulb Type and has the domain "Electric_Low_Voltage_Bulb_Type" assigned to it at the subtype level for Low Voltage Lighting.  I would recommend looking at the "Electric Network Editor" map to better understand how field/attributes are used.  Looking at the "Electric Utility Network" map or at the database level will lead to misunderstandings of how attribute are used for specific subtypes/asset groups.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
EddyClark
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm just beginning and it says I've deployed the Electric Utility Network Foundation v3.2.  When I choose to open in ArcPro I'm greeted with two maps: Electric Simple Network and Electric Utility Network.  I don't see Electric Network Editor. 

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Hi Eddy.

This is a link to the data dictionary for the electric model that may help you.

https://solutions.arcgis.com/electric/help/electric-utility-network-foundation/DataDictionary/DataDi... 

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com