Can containment rules be configured to Asset Types or are they restricted only to the Asset Group level?

Jump to solution
04-15-2019 03:03 PM
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

I was trying to configure some new containment rules and it appears these rules are restricted to the asset group level as i could only select all in the "from Asset Type" drop down.  Is this correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

The dropdown is filtered based on what association roles you have set. If there aren't any association roles of type CONTAINER, then I believe you will only see ALL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Rules in the Utility Network are configured at the Asset Group and Asset Type (ie, you must specify both).

ALL is just a special keyword which will internally make a rule for each valid asset type in the asset group (here, Electric Bay Boundary).

0 Kudos
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Paul.  What I found confusing is I didn't have an option other than ALL for this.  I would have thought the drop down would let me select an asset type.

It does seem to let me specify to an AT level when importing via CSV.

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

The dropdown is filtered based on what association roles you have set. If there aren't any association roles of type CONTAINER, then I believe you will only see ALL.

0 Kudos
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Makes sense.  Thanks Paul

0 Kudos