Select to view content in your preferred language

Some Arcade functions are not available

04-26-2021 05:29 PM
LanNguyen1
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

I started playing with the AGOL/Dashboard/Advanced Editing/Arcade and found there are some functions not available for me. Could anyone shade some lights why they are not available? 

Thanks,

LanDashboardArcade.JPG

5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out the Profiles page of the Arcade docs. Certain profiles, like working in Dashboards, don't have access to the same global variables that, say, a popup expression might.

Functions which utilize such global variables will be unavailable in such a case.

With Dashboards in particular, the Arcade is already evaluating against a FeatureSet as defined by the element's selected layer, filter, and sort options. Or if it's a per-feature Indicator, for example, you're actually working with a single Feature object, and not even a FeatureSet. In either case, you won't have access to other layers, or even other attributes within the same layer in some cases.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have posted something similar yesterday, I cannot use "FeatureSetByRelationshipName" for no apparent reason. The Arcade expression fails while testing popup configuration expression. 

https://community.esri.com/t5/developers-questions/featuresetbyrelationshipname-arcade-function/m-p/...

Regards
Ihab
0 Kudos
DarrylAlbert
Regular Contributor

I am having this problem on a hosted feature layer.  Any idea why that may be?

NotAvailable.PNG

0 Kudos
JakobEngvall
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Did you find a solution/ answer to this?

0 Kudos
Ryan_Gould
Occasional Contributor

I had the same issue. I was trying to use a list element with advanced formatting to calculate some statistics. I got it to work by creating a data expression and adding this as a layer in the element.

0 Kudos