Model Builder Tool Changes Input Layers

153
4
10-14-2021 05:28 AM
LukeGilner1
New Contributor III

I keep having an intermittent issue with several different models.  When I run them from the toolbox, one or more of the original input layers will randomly change to a different layer.  This mostly happens when I reopen my project the next day, but not always.  Sometimes the underlying layer within the model properties changes, sometimes is does not, but the labels always stay correct.

I found that when I open the tool from the toolbox and before running it in the geoprocessing pane, if I  switch to a Layout and then back to the Map view, the tool refreshes and often changes back to the correct layer.

The input layers are hosted feature services and I have them set as parameters.  I'm using Pro 2.8.3.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug, or just a refresh issue?  PLEASE HELP

See the picture below.  The top two parameters are my input layers.  You can see that the first one changed to a different layer in the dropdown.  But the correct layer is shown in the model, and when I open the tool properties everything is correct this time (sometimes it changes though).

LukeGilner1_0-1634213747573.png

 

 

4 Replies
DianaHenderson1
New Contributor II

Sorry, don't have an answer for you, I just want to echo, that the same frustrating thing is happening to me:(

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
New Contributor III

Thanks!  At least I'm not the only one.  I was finding that even though the layer changed in the parameters, when I export the model to python, the layers were correct.  Seems like there's a little glitch in there on the model builder side of things.  In most cases, my parameters didn't need to change anyway, so I just ended up removing the parameters to run the tools.

0 Kudos
DianaHenderson1
New Contributor II

I am testing out a theory, I was initially using shapefiles for some of my inputs, and I have now converted those inputs into a feature class. I haven't completely tested this, and so far it is promising. I saw something in a blog that prompted me to try it.

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
New Contributor III

I was using feature services.  Let me know what you find out.  It seemed like most of the time the problem would happen after I added or removed layers from my contents.

0 Kudos