Is this the Python Forums?

Jump to solution
07-08-2014 05:59 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is this GIS Developers section where I'd ask/post about Python related items?

I have to admit I am entirely lost on the this new format as it is such a drastic departure from any logical approach to an forum I've been a part of.

0 Kudos
32 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

James,

If you go view your profile, you can click on the Content tab to see all of your posts.

Here is the direct link to your content: James Crandall

Timothy

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

I saw this: New Forums are on the Way! | ArcGIS Blog

"...As for the current Discussion Forum and its over 100,000 threads, nothing will be lost. It is all being imported into GeoNet, tagged, browsable, indexed, and searchable."

I must be doing something wrong because I am not seeing how to browse python topics.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

"As for the current Discussion Forum and its over 100,000 threads, nothing will be lost. It is all being imported into GeoNet, tagged, browsable, indexed, and searchable."

That was his original post and I didn't see anything subsequent to overrule that statement.  Easiest way to find posts are by going to the contents tab, then you can search by text.  Also, it would help if we follow streams, or people then we can search by who we are following as well.

You can also find topics you have authored, or ones you are following(i.e. you replied to in the past) by selected them over on the right side.

IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

It is somewhat infuriating that one cannot edit a post they have already made(or at least I can't figure it out!)

0 Kudos
TheoFaull
Occasional Contributor III

im lost. I want to visit the ArcGIS for desktop discussion area. how can I do this?

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

I know.

0 Kudos
ChristinaSullivan
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ian and all - Check out the Discussions Lobby‌ and there are lots of helpful hints at the top

Also,  the "edit" button is directly on the Left of each post, under "Actions"

more docs and training guides in Community Help

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

There is an edit option under actions if I try to edit it while viewing the thread under the content tab.  Right now under the home tab > recent activity (stream?), from which I am replying now, when I go to actions it says "No Actions Available."

Perhaps this should be fixed

0 Kudos