Installation Error during install of ArcGISPro

08-14-2020 01:57 AM
BankimYadav
New Contributor III

Error arises on clicking the .exe file. The dialog box says "An unexpected error while unpacking files. Error code: -2147467259". File name is "ArcGISPro_26_175036.exe"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It may be a bad download.  Did you try to download it again? (Download to a simple, short folder path, eg c:/Temp)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
BankimYadav
New Contributor III

I tried keeping the file at simple locations like D:/ArcGIS or C:/ArcGIS and extracting to similar simple locations as you suggested. But the error persists. I have used the same file earlier to install it and it was running good. 

Do I need to install something else on my system since I did a fresh install of windows after which I am attempting to install ArcGISPro2.6.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I assume that you are trying to reinstall arcgis pro and have uninstalled previous installations.

If so, and you have already run the *.exe file successfully once, then locate the *.msi in the extracted folder and run it. 

The *.exe extracts a *.msi and *.cab file into a sub folder in your download folder.

Anything other than a valid first time install by running the *.exe will most likely cause failure.  

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos