Yes it is possible with ArcGIS.
Using ArcGIS Desktop you could:
1. create point features from your address data.
2. use a spatial join to pass desired polygon data attributes to the point data created from your address data.
Thank you so much for your help.
I haven't purchased any of the software yet.
1. What software would I need to be able to do geocoding for thousands of addresses?
2. Do I need specific files per state to get all the census info I asked about plus other data?
My data covers the entire united states.
3. What format can my address file be in so I can do batch processing?
Thank you so much I appreciate all your help. I'm trying to research ArcGIS as much as I can to get all my questions answered. Can I send you a list of fields I need and see if they are all available through ArcGIS?
I might be a good idea to contact your local Esri office to get the information that you are looking for.
They should be able to help.