Arcgis server 10.2.2 new install cannot join site

07-28-2015 12:09 PM
CharlesBailey
New Contributor III

Server site is set up on VM remote machine running server 2012 R2, trying to connect win 7 machine to the site on a work domain, can ping server but cannot join site - says unable to connect please verify URL is a valid site. Is this even possible? Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Charles,

Are the Windows Svr 2012 and Win 7 machines in the same domain? Have you installed and configured webadaptor? Then you need to mention the full machine name (with domain name) and web adaptor name (No port) in the URL.

Also try replacing the Host Name with Host IP.

It would be of much help if you could attach a snapshot of the URL typed from client machine.

Think Location
0 Kudos
CharlesBailey
New Contributor III

Hi Jayanta - I have tried many variations on the URL to no avail. The main server does have the web adaptor installed. Here are a few of the ones I tried, also can ping the main server from the one I want to join to it. The ones with the web adaptor name just hang up and grey out instead of throwing the not found error. They are on the same domain with the same server account name which is also a domain user account. Thanks for any insight you may have...coberror3.pngerror4.pngwebadaptor.pngping.pngerror1.pngerror2.png

0 Kudos