White border around Mosaic Dataset boundary in TPK

05-22-2014 12:16 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: aaronnoriega

I have created a mosaic dataset from a set of orthos and it looks fine in arcmap. When I generate a TPK from the map (containing only the mosaic dataset) a large white border is created in my tile package.

My initial thought was an overzealous generation of footprints/boundaries, so I trimmed the footprints/boundaries to a constrained envelope within the bounds of the visible imagery and set the mosaic dataset to clip to the boundary. I also regenerated the overviews (not sure if overview generation follows the boundary clipping).

I confirmed there was no white border by changing the data frame background to a random color. However, when I regenerated my tile package the white border appears again.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to specify an AOI for tile package generation?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: lefaivep

When you create your tile package, select PNG as the tile format. Tiles created along the edges of your imagery overlap into the No Data area. If you specify to use the JPEG (which I believe is the default) tile format these No Data areas will appear as a white background because JPEG doesn't support transparency. General rule is to use PNG tile format if you intend on overlaying your tile package above other layers.