Undo/Redo edits in an edit session

07-20-2012 12:39 PM
SachinChand
Occasional Contributor
I'm using ArcMap 10.1 and I want to be able to undo/redo an edit(s) in an edit session.  I used to be able to do this in previous versions, however, in 10.1 the undo/redo buttons remain grayed out thruout the edit sesion. 

Thank you
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JuanLuera
Occasional Contributor III
Hola Sachin,

In testing this issue within ArcMap 10.1, I was able to see both options available. The Undo/Redo option was available within an edit session; I am attaching some screen shots for your review. If you are still seeing this issue, please look into the data or log a webform with us in Support Services. Gracias, Sachin!
0 Kudos
SachinChand
Occasional Contributor
Hola Sachin,

In testing this issue within ArcMap 10.1, I was able to see both options available. The Undo/Redo option was available within an edit session; I am attaching some screen shots for your review. If you are still seeing this issue, please look into the data or log a webform with us in Support Services. Gracias, Sachin!

Juan, thank you for looking into this.  I haven't done any editing recently but will follow-up if the issue still exists.
0 Kudos
DawnBaldridge
New Contributor III
This is still a big issue. We are using 10.0 in our office and the edit undo is always greyed out. Even on the menu bar. There are several of us using the same version of Arc and it does't matter if we are editing geometry or attributes we never get the chance to undo anything. This is a big incovenience for all of us. We could undo edits in 9.3.1.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
The undo/redo commands wont be enabled if you are editing non-versioned data in an arcsde geodatabase.
To have the ability to undo/redo, the data must be 'registered as versioned' in the geodatabase and the editor option 'edit a version of the database with the ability to undo/redo' check box must be checked (usually the default) in the versioning tab.
DawnBaldridge
New Contributor III
Makes sense. We are using a non-versioned sde geodatabase. We have recently upgraded and configuration is on-going. Thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
AaronBaumgarden
New Contributor III
What about having the ability to undo an edit saved in a previous session by another user in the same version?

I have an instance where an edit was inadvertently saved and I need to revert back to the original feature.  Because this edit was saved in another session and no edits were made to the default version it will not be classified as a conflict.  I know this can be done in one of two ways, either manually edit the A & D tables (not recommended) or get rid of the version and create a new one (not ideal).

I know there are ways to visualize changes like this and compare versions but are there really no options to simply undo a mistake?

Thanks!
0 Kudos