Turn big tiff file into many small tiff files

Jump to solution
03-17-2015 12:56 AM
PV
by
New Contributor III

Hi

I have one very big TIFF file which I want to seperate into many small tiff files.

Is there a easy way to do so in ArcGIS 10.1?

I saw the tiled map service functions but I am not sure if they do exactly what I need. I am sure there is a very easy way to do so.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KishorGhatage
Occasional Contributor III

Here are some ways :

1. You can use split raster tool (Data management)

ArcGIS Help 10.1

2. If you have boundaries to clip the data then you can use clip tool (Data Management) to clip the big raster in small part according to boundaries. e.g. if you have raster of a State and would like to divide in Counties then you can use the County boundaries to clip the State raster

ArcGIS Help 10.1

3. You can create fishnet tool to generate polygons. Then you can use the fishnet as clipping feature and clip the big raster.

ArcGIS Help 10.1

4. If you have a spatial analyst you can try using Extract by mask tool to divide big raster in small parts.

ArcGIS Help 10.1

Regards

Kishor

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KishorGhatage
Occasional Contributor III

Here are some ways :

1. You can use split raster tool (Data management)

ArcGIS Help 10.1

2. If you have boundaries to clip the data then you can use clip tool (Data Management) to clip the big raster in small part according to boundaries. e.g. if you have raster of a State and would like to divide in Counties then you can use the County boundaries to clip the State raster

ArcGIS Help 10.1

3. You can create fishnet tool to generate polygons. Then you can use the fishnet as clipping feature and clip the big raster.

ArcGIS Help 10.1

4. If you have a spatial analyst you can try using Extract by mask tool to divide big raster in small parts.

ArcGIS Help 10.1

Regards

Kishor