ST_Geometry spatial functions and different SRIDs

Jump to solution
11-05-2014 02:36 PM
SteveClark
New Contributor III

I have converted our Oracle SDE 10.2.1 database (with service packs, on 11.2.0.3) to ST_GEOMETRY. When I try to use ST_INTERSECTS or ST_WITHIN on featureclasses that have different SRIDs, I instantly get the error that others have gotten as well:

ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine

ORA-20001: Unable to retrieve message

ORA-06512: at "SDE.ST_GEOMETRY_SHAPELIB_PKG", line 720

ORA-06512: at "SDE.SPX_UTIL", line 761

ORA-06512: at "SDE.ST_DOMAIN_METHODS", line 291

If I try to intersect (points in polygons) featureclasses with the same SRID, it works.

I see other threads mentioning that it was fixed in 11.2.0.2 but we are beyond that. What are the other solutions at this point?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ForrestJones
Esri Contributor

Hi Steve,

It sounds like a bug. Here are a few things to try/check:

1- You mention you have the latest 10.2.1 service packs, does this include the ArcGIS 10.2.1 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) Utilities and Telecom Update 1 Patch | Samples and Utili... ?

2- Make sure the st_shapelib.dll (or .so on unix) matches the packages in the database. For example, if you updated the geodatabase to 10.2.1 with service packs, make sure you upgraded/updated packages and also updated st library on the database server to the same release.

3- Does it work if you manually use the st_transform? For example:

SELECT SDE.ST_AsText(SDE.ST_Intersects(sde.st_transform(a.shape,4326), b.shape)) FROM table1 a, table2 b;

4- Are you able to send a sql repro case? For example, create two tables, create spatial indexes, insert records, run st_intersects. I can test in-house. You should probably open an incident with tech support too.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ForrestJones
Esri Contributor

Hi Steve,

It sounds like a bug. Here are a few things to try/check:

1- You mention you have the latest 10.2.1 service packs, does this include the ArcGIS 10.2.1 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) Utilities and Telecom Update 1 Patch | Samples and Utili... ?

2- Make sure the st_shapelib.dll (or .so on unix) matches the packages in the database. For example, if you updated the geodatabase to 10.2.1 with service packs, make sure you upgraded/updated packages and also updated st library on the database server to the same release.

3- Does it work if you manually use the st_transform? For example:

SELECT SDE.ST_AsText(SDE.ST_Intersects(sde.st_transform(a.shape,4326), b.shape)) FROM table1 a, table2 b;

4- Are you able to send a sql repro case? For example, create two tables, create spatial indexes, insert records, run st_intersects. I can test in-house. You should probably open an incident with tech support too.

SteveClark
New Contributor III

Forrest, thank you for your help. I was not aware of the Update1 patch. Between that and copying the new st_shapelib file, that solved the st_intersects issue.

0 Kudos