Select to view content in your preferred language

Setting Default Date ??

02-05-2014 10:06 AM
benberman
Occasional Contributor
I am currently working on a feature class that is associated with 4 subtypes. The "date" field is required to maintain a default value of 1/1/9999. I assigned this default value for each one of the subtypes through the feature class properties dialogue box, yet when I export the XML workspace and then import it back into an empty GDB, the assigned default date value seems to disappear from the "date" field.

- Is this the correct procedure when setting a default date for data that has subtypes?

- Is there a different method that would enable the schema to retain the default value ?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Please provide the version of Esri products with which you are working.  It will be easier for everyone to help you if you provide some basic details about your environment.  For your geodatabase, are you using a file geodatabase or an ArcSDE-based geodatabase.  If you are using ArcSDE, what is the exact version of the underlying RDBMS are you using?  If a file geodatabase, this thread might be better served in ArcGIS Desktop - General.
0 Kudos
benberman
Occasional Contributor
Please provide the version of Esri products with which you are working.  It will be easier for everyone to help you if you provide some basic details about your environment.  For your geodatabase, are you using a file geodatabase or an ArcSDE-based geodatabase.  If you are using ArcSDE, what is the exact version of the underlying RDBMS are you using?  If a file geodatabase, this thread might be better served in ArcGIS Desktop - General.

File geodatabase, version 10.1
0 Kudos