Select to view content in your preferred language

Relate data from one hosted feature layer to another.

Jump to solution
05-26-2023 01:15 PM
Labels (1)
ColeHowell
New Contributor III

I've recently discovered the capability of relating tables and feature layers together to, for example, make inspection forms for assets and using field maps to collect inspection reports. I'm wanting to do something similar to this for my company's water main leak locators. 

We are on an Enterprise service where we have hosted feature layers that are edited regularly. I know that I can pull the hosted feature layers that I want to relate into Pro and pretty much copy them to the local gdb to use the Create Relationship Class function on them, but that would lose the connection to the hosted layer that is edited on a frequent basis. I've tried using the tool on the hosted feature layers but I get Error 002764: The operation is not supported by this implementation. I assume this is because they are only in the portal.

I've seen other posts talking about using API to add relationships but I'm unsure if those methods are doing the same thing I'm doing here.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaSharp-Heward
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

To set up the relationships you'd want to get your staff to stop editing, copy the data into a geodatabase, add a relationship, republish and then get them editing again, I don't think you can do what you want in-situ. Alternatively you could use the "join features" tool in the Map Viewer classic to create a hosted feature service view linking the two datasets if there's a common key!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshuaSharp-Heward
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

To set up the relationships you'd want to get your staff to stop editing, copy the data into a geodatabase, add a relationship, republish and then get them editing again, I don't think you can do what you want in-situ. Alternatively you could use the "join features" tool in the Map Viewer classic to create a hosted feature service view linking the two datasets if there's a common key!

0 Kudos
ColeHowell
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. I was afraid this was the case, but that's the way it goes I guess. 

0 Kudos