Select to view content in your preferred language

raster display switches when zooming in or out

01-12-2011 10:01 AM
CarlaGerber
New Contributor
I have a set of single band tiff images that change from black line, transparent background to transparent line, black background when zoomed in past a certain point.  The opposite happens when you zoom out if the image symbology is set to have black line, transparent background when zoomed in.  I would like to have black line, transparent background at all scales.  Any thoughts on how to address this issue would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrianDiggs
New Contributor
I have run into what I believe to be the same issue.  A mosaic dataset was created and NAIP rasters were loaded into it.  After turning off the nodata pixels and updating footprints/overviews/statistics, there are gaps in the imagery that should not be there.  This only happens when zoomed out far, but seems to correct itself the closer you zoom in.  I also tried using a stretch function, as well as increasing the minimum data value when building footprints.  I have attached a sceenshot of the issue when zoomed out beyond 300k.  Can anyone help me?!
0 Kudos
PrasantaBhattarai
Esri Contributor
I have a set of single band tiff images that change from black line, transparent background to transparent line, black background when zoomed in past a certain point.  The opposite happens when you zoom out if the image symbology is set to have black line, transparent background when zoomed in.  I would like to have black line, transparent background at all scales.  Any thoughts on how to address this issue would be appreciated.

Are these 1-Bit images? If so, there was an issue with overviews/pyramid for 1-bit images in ArcGIS 10. These raster used to display with inverted color ramp. Workaround for this is to delete the overviews (.ovr) files and build the pyramids/overviews with bilinear interpolation. This issue has already been fixed with Service Pack 2 for ArcGIS Desktop. Please make sure that you have the latest service pack installed and see if the issue still exists.
0 Kudos