MapInfo problem in Data Interoperablilty 10.2

11-10-2013 08:59 PM
PeterJensen
New Contributor
Hello,

I often use MapInfo-tab files in connection with ArcMap using the Data Interoperability extension. After upgrading to ArcGIS 10.2 this is however no longer working when opening larger MapInfo datasets (1500+ features). Smaller MapInfo-datasets with only a few featuers appear to be working.
If I open a mxd, that is referring to a MapInfo-dataset containing many features, ArcMap simply crashes and wants me to submit a report to ESRI. If I add a large MapInfo dataset to an existing map, it starts indexing the features (as it normally does), but just hangs forever when reaching around 1500-1800 features.

Any help would be great as the use of MapInfo directly in ArcGIS is a corner stone of all our work procedures. I have tested on three installations: Two machines with ArcGIS 10.2 both fail at opening the MapInfo dataset, on the third machine with ArcGIS 10.1 it works perfectly.

Thank you!

/Peter Jensen
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Peter

Please open a support call and include a problematic TAB file with your incident - what you are experiencing should not occur.

Regards
0 Kudos