Labeling coded domain values from SDE

09-04-2014 10:12 AM
ScottCox
New Contributor

Something interesting today: trying to label from a field with coded domain values.  The value in the field is, say, 1, but the domain description is "Asbestos Concrete".  The labels find the description when my data is in a file geodatabase.  But in SQL Server SDE, it only labels with the actual field content.  I have a call in with Esri on this, but I have a hunch it's a bug.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ScottCox
New Contributor

Found a solution! (Thank you, Esri support.)  In Catalog, go to the mosaic dataset, right mouse for properties, Defaults tab, change Max # of Rasters per Mosaic to be larger than the number of your source images (the default is 20).  And change Max # of Records Returned per Request to a ludicrously large number, like 100000.  They didn't know why it helps... but it did.

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Scott Cox‌ I guess you are replying back to a different thread with the solution.

0 Kudos
ScottCox
New Contributor

I guess.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

huh? how did the mosaiic max # of rasterst config change labeling properties lol pretty sure the FC in your OP is vector not raster. What am I missing here lol

0 Kudos
MarkTurnbull
New Contributor III

Hey Scott,

Were you able to resolve the labeling issue with coded domain values, I seem to be experiencing the same thing with 10.5.1

0 Kudos