Import Annotation FC to SDE Fails

02-05-2015 01:27 PM
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Here is a straight forward one - I have done it countless time, but today, no go.

I have a Annotation Feature Class in a FGDB and I was to export into and SDE. When I import or export to the SDE the files appears to come in but then everything is NULL and of course nothing shows up.

When I perform a copy and paste I get an error saying it cannot be done because they do not have the same spatial reference. I know this is not the case as they are indeed the same spatial reference.

Any ideas? A 30 second task is turning problematic, what is the obvious step I am missing?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

When you perform the copy/paste, are you attempting to paste the data into a feature dataset?  What happens if you just try to paste the data into the geodatabase itself?

0 Kudos
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the reply. When I copy/paste into the database it works, at least I have got it that far.. Now when I try to copy/paste, drag/drop, import/export into the feature dataset I get the error that the spatial references do not match. They in fact are the same - not sure where it is getting hung up.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Try creating an empty annotation feature class in the feature dataset, and then use the Append Annotation Feature Class tool to append the annotation.

MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jake,

Using the Append tool I was able to get this annotation FC into the feature dataset. I had to specify the output feature class in the append anno dialogue. If I created an empty feature class first and then tried to append to it, I was unsuccessful. Also had to make sure that I checked the box to 'Create a single annotation feature class'

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

0 Kudos