how to resolve failed to connect to database an underlying database error occurred class not registered

Jump to solution
03-01-2017 10:54 AM
JuanitaOwens
New Contributor

I am trying to add an excel table to my map.  I get the message "Failed to connect to database. An underlying database error occurred. Class not registered"

What do I need to do to resolve this error?

16 Replies
RobertHarmon
New Contributor III

I downloaded the 32-bit 2016 MS Access db engine and tried to install it.  I got the same error that I did with the 32-bit 2010 Access db engine attempted install (screen capture inserted below).

I'll contact tech support.

Bob

Access 2016 32-bit db engine installation error

RobertHarmon
New Contributor III

As everyone else in this thread has already discovered the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2007 redistributable worked for me, too.  It's available from the CNET site at 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components - Free download and software reviews - CNET ... .

Bob

CathiBalch1
New Contributor

Thanks, Bob!! Just upgraded my computer; neither the 2010 or 2016 redistributable worked for me, and I was having trouble finding the 2007 driver. But, thanks to your link I am now up and running again.

0 Kudos
LaurieWilliams
New Contributor III

Unbelievable - still need this in 2023! Thanks for the link; the link worked and the driver worked as well.

PhilipAugustyn
New Contributor

I get the same as Robert, what was the solution in the end?

0 Kudos
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

Link is dead.

0 Kudos
RhondaPerozzo
New Contributor II

Yes, Thanks Bob!  I just also downloaded the 2007 version and it worked like a charm, after attempting the newer versions that would not work due to me having 64 bit Microsfot Office products installed already.

0 Kudos