Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting the colors of two stretched raster images to have the same scale

10-19-2012 10:09 AM
TylerHallman
New Contributor
I currently have two raster images that I am displaying with stretch symbology. I chose identical color schemes, but since the data for each has a different range, the actual values for any given color do not match up. I want to use the same legend for both maps and need to find a way to use the same color scheme representing the same values for both.

I tried importing the other layer, but the colors don't seem to be impacted even though the legend itself changes. I am able to import the other colors when I do unique values, but then the legend produced holds far too much information (I want it to be like the legends produced with the stretched symbology). I looked up how to solve this problem and it said to change the min and max in the symbology tab, but for some reason those are fixed when I go to that tab and there is no option to change them. I am using ArcMap 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PrasantaBhattarai
Esri Contributor
Hi,
You should be able to do this by changing the stretch type to Minimum-Maximum and edit the High/Low values to be the same for both the rasters. You can select the minimum to be the minimum of the two and maximum value to be maximum of the two rasters and use same color ramp for both. See attached screen capture on how you can edit these values.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18665[/ATTACH]    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18666[/ATTACH]
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Prasanta.
0 Kudos