Select to view content in your preferred language

Geocoding Toolbar: Cannot Right-Click and Add Point for Address

01-28-2011 01:53 PM
DEBFAIRHURST
New Contributor
I'm using the ArcGIS 10 Geocoding Toolbar. I entered an address and it flashed that it was found. When I right-click on the address, the Add Point is greyed-out so that I cannot select this function. Any idea as to why this function doesn't work?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
I have to ask: So you have a geocoding service added to your session in some form?
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DEBFAIRHURST
New Contributor
Yes, US Streets.
0 Kudos
DEBFAIRHURST
New Contributor
I figured out that the issue was my Google toolbar. I disabled the toolbar and all of the geocoding functions are working correctly.
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
I figured out that the issue was my Google toolbar. I disabled the toolbar and all of the geocoding functions are working correctly.

That definitely tops this list of "who would have guessed".
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
SuzannahHamlin
New Contributor
I am now having the same exact issue!  I have added points before, but now it won't let me.  To my knowledge I don't have a Google toolar... is there anything else it could be?
0 Kudos
NancyPerini
New Contributor
Having the same issue, no google toolbar - anybody?
0 Kudos
EricMcGilliard
New Contributor
Just had the same issue. I know this is an old thread, but just thought I would reply if anyone else runs in to this problem.

The Add point / Add Callout functions will not work in layout view.  Switch back over to data view and you should be good to go.
0 Kudos
MarkGorecki
New Contributor II
Just had the same issue. I know this is an old thread, but just thought I would reply if anyone else runs in to this problem.

The Add point / Add Callout functions will not work in layout view.  Switch back over to data view and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the follow-up! I've been struggling with this for a while, and always just used work-arounds. I am always in layout mode, so this was always occuring.
0 Kudos